problems configuring libcurl

Robert Urban
Hi Folks,

i've enabled libcurl in svn-buildroot, but the configure-run fails with:

-snip-
checking for openssl/engine.h... yes
checking for ENGINE_load_builtin_engines... yes
checking for RAND_status... yes
checking for RAND_screen... no
checking for RAND_egd... yes
checking for CRYPTO_cleanup_all_ex_data... yes
checking for SSL_get_shutdown... yes
checking for yaSSL using OpenSSL compatibility mode... no
configure: Added
/big/home/urban/Build/Buildroot/svn/buildroot/build_i586/staging_dir/usr/lib
to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
checking for inflateEnd in -lz... grep: error while loading shared
libraries: libc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
no
checking zlib.h usability... grep: error while loading shared libraries:
libc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
no
checking zlib.h presence... grep: error while loading shared libraries:
libc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
yes
configure: WARNING: zlib.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: zlib.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: zlib.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: zlib.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: zlib.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
-snip-

it seems "grep" is failing, but an "ldd" of /bin/grep doesn't even list
"libc.so.0". hmm.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Rob Urban

Re: problems configuring libcurl

Peter Korsgaard-3

 Robert> Hi Folks,
 Robert> i've enabled libcurl in svn-buildroot, but the configure-run fails with:

 Robert> configure: Added
 Robert> /big/home/urban/Build/Buildroot/svn/buildroot/build_i586/staging_dir/usr/lib
 Robert> to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
 Robert> checking for inflateEnd in -lz... grep: error while loading shared
 Robert> libraries: libc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
 Robert> file or directory

Are you building for the same architecture as your host? Are you also
building grep? It seems like configure somehow picked up the target
version of grep.

Please post your .config

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

Re: problems configuring libcurl

Robert Urban
Hi Peter,

Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  Robert> Hi Folks,
>  Robert> i've enabled libcurl in svn-buildroot, but the configure-run fails with:
>
>  Robert> configure: Added
>  Robert> /big/home/urban/Build/Buildroot/svn/buildroot/build_i586/staging_dir/usr/lib
>  Robert> to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>  Robert> checking for inflateEnd in -lz... grep: error while loading shared
>  Robert> libraries: libc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
>  Robert> file or directory
>
> Are you building for the same architecture as your host? Are you also
> building grep? It seems like configure somehow picked up the target
> version of grep.

erm, yes and no.  The host is i686, target is i586.  I'm not building grep
explicitly.  It is, however, configured in busybox.  I don't think the
configure picked up the target grep. This is the error I get if I try to run
the target grep on the host:

-snip-
project_build_i586/robix/root/bin/grep
bash: project_build_i586/robix/root/bin/grep: /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0: bad ELF
interpreter: No such file or directory
-snip-

> Please post your .config

.config can be found at:

        http://www.spielwiese.de/rob/Buildroot/config

cheers,

Rob Urban

Re: problems configuring libcurl

Peter Korsgaard-3

Hi,

 Robert> bash: project_build_i586/robix/root/bin/grep:
 Robert> /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or
 Robert> directory -snip-

 >> Please post your .config

 Robert> .config can be found at:

 Robert> http://www.spielwiese.de/rob/Buildroot/config

It builds fine here (on a x86_64 host though). I'll change the target
to x86_64 and try again.

What distribution are you using?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

Peter Korsgaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Robert> bash: project_build_i586/robix/root/bin/grep:
>  Robert> /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or
>  Robert> directory -snip-
>
>  >> Please post your .config
>
>  Robert> .config can be found at:
>
>  Robert> http://www.spielwiese.de/rob/Buildroot/config
>
> It builds fine here (on a x86_64 host though). I'll change the target
> to x86_64 and try again.
>
> What distribution are you using?

Fedora 10

-RLU

Re: problems configuring libcurl

Peter Korsgaard-3

Hi,

 >> It builds fine here (on a x86_64 host though). I'll change the target
 >> to x86_64 and try again.
 >>
 >> What distribution are you using?

 Robert> Fedora 10

Could you give r25600 a try? That fixes the issue for me with target
== host.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard